The Container Terminal began its operating activities in October, 2006.
The Terminal is located behind Berths 42 and 43. At present, the Terminal area is more than 10 hectares.
The Terminal quayage offers the possibility of accommodating and handling of container vessels up to 300 m in length and with a carrying capacity of up to 10 622 TEU.
The key partners of the Container Terminal are the largest container lines – CMA CGM and COSCO SHIPPING. The Terminal also provides handling of containers of EVERGREEN, OOCL, ZIM and other container lines.
The Container Terminal provides handling of containerized cargo and renders the following services:
- container receipt and shipment
- container stowage
- container stuffing operations
- electronic terminal operating system of container inventory and movement.
Permissible LOA - 300 m
Berth length – 225 m
Maximum deadweight – 115 thousand tons
Permissible draft – 13 m
Design berth depth – 13.5 m
Berth No. 42 is equipped with:
- quayside container gantry cranes (STS) manufactured by ZPMC, with a lifting capacity of 50 t – 3 pcs.
- reachstackers Ferrari
- terminal yard tractors
- rubber-tyred gantry cranes (RTG) – 4 pcs
- other container cargo handling equipment
The Terminal capacities allow handling of more than 300 thousand TEU per year. The Terminal also provides container inspection, weighing and stuffing operations. The Terminal reefer container yard has a capacity for plugging-in of up to 250 reefer containers simultaneously. The railroad facilities provide handling of up to 80 flat cars per day.