The world is coming together to combat the COVID-19 pandemic bringing organizations from across industries and sectors together to help respond to this global outbreak.
The group of companies ‘Brooklyn-Kiev’ LLC actively cooperates with the regional Headquarters for the fight against the COVID-19 coronavirus and with the largest in the south of Ukraine volunteer organization ‘Monster Corporation’ (recognized by UNISEF).
In our company, we are doing our part to help prevent the further spread of the virus, while also supporting the needs of our customers, consumers, employees and communities.
We always put the health, safety and security of people first. Here are some ways we are protecting our employees during this difficult time:
- hired additional buses for the safe transportation of employees from remote areas of the city;
- purchased additional essentials, such as masks in the amount of 4,825 pieces, respirators - 1,200 pieces, medical gloves - 100 pieces, disinfectants - almost 100 liters and protective clothing for all employees, totaling UAH 1,200,000.
- employees in the age category 60+ for the quarantine period the company sent on paid leave;
- each employee was provided with a one-time financial assistance in the amount of 1 thousand UAH for the purchase of additional personal protective equipment and disinfectants.;
‘Brooklyn-Kiev’ LLC has a separate online information platform "COVID-19, Operational Headquarters", where we update information on the Government's measures to combat coronavirus, notify about new sanitary measures and restrictions, new opportunities for delivery to work, etc. Also on this platform people can ask questions. Thus, we have established two-way online communication between the administration and the team in real time.
It is important that all parties in our company communicate their roles and responsibilities.
‘Brooklyn-Kiev’ LLC is a socially responsible company that makes a significant contribution not only to its employees, but also to take care of the well-being of the whole society.
In the framework of the fight against coronavirus, a number of the following activities were carried out:
- delivering grocery packages to veteran homes;
- purchased 40 thousand respirators in the amount of UAH 2.8 million for transfer to hospitals in the city and region;
- acquired 500 shield masks with 10 interchangeable screens for each. The total cost is 120 thousand UAH;
- 1,300 pieces of necessary medical equipment were purchased, with a total cost of UAH 92,000;
- purchased bed linen for hospitals of the city and region, in the amount of 53 thousand UAH;
- has assembled teams across the city to help with logistics, packaging and distributing food, and supplementing hotline staffing.
Obviously, we all hope for the fastest, safest resolution possible to our current problems and return to our previous lives as soon as possible.
Stay healthy and safe!